Simjunkies Forum
PCARS 2 - Printable Version

+- Simjunkies Forum (http://forum.simjunkies.org)
+-- Forum: Racing Championships (http://forum.simjunkies.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Project Cars (http://forum.simjunkies.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=84)
+--- Thread: PCARS 2 (/showthread.php?tid=1356)

Pages: 1 2

PCARS 2 - [SJ]TrickyDee - 05-11-2017

PCARS 2 up for pre-order.

New trailer released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tDTye5nwCs

Smile

RE: PCARS 2 - [SJ]Dunki2001 - 09-21-2017

so, has anybody plunged in? If so wos it like!?

Smile

RE: PCARS 2 - [SJ]TrickyDee - 09-21-2017

Be on my birthday list I think.

Bit of gravel racing, could be fun. Smile

RE: PCARS 2 - [SJ]Dunki2001 - 09-21-2017

Yeah sounds good. Maybe a rallycross league.. 

RE: PCARS 2 - [SJ]olafj - 09-23-2017

ok here goes , having purchased pcars2 , i thought id do an intiial review . ok its a bloody big download but its an option . setting everything up was straight forward
, the only problem,be it a minor one , was navigating the new landscape , other than that easy , setting up the ffb was so easy compared to pc1 , the default settings seem to work
rather nicely . i think this is what pc1 should have been , if you are on the fence about getting it , do it   Smile .as far as grapics card load goes its about the same even though it does look better , the car physics you ask ? lol , i think its a lot better but thats my opinion , as far as comparing to the other games the only thing i will say is , its up there among the better ones .
so stop sittin on the fence because the only thing you'll get there is splinters in yer arse ,   Smile    lol
olly

RE: PCARS 2 - [SJ]TrickyDee - 09-23-2017

(09-23-2017, 09:43 PM)[SJ]olafj Wrote:  ok here goes , having purchased pcars2 , i thought id do an intiial review . ok its a bloody big download but its an option . setting everything up was straight forward
, the only problem,be it a minor one , was navigating the new landscape , other than that easy , setting up the ffb was so easy compared to pc1 , the default settings seem to work
rather nicely . i think this is what pc1 should have been , if you are on the fence about getting it , do it   Smile .as far as grapics card load goes its about the same even though it does look better , the car physics you ask ? lol , i think its a lot better but thats my opinion , as far as comparing to the other games the only thing i will say is , its up there among the better ones .
so stop sittin on the fence because the only thing you'll get there is splinters in yer arse ,   Smile    lol
olly
I'll be in Olly, but a month to birthday, and got to let the kids get me something.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4X using Tapatalk

RE: PCARS 2 - [SJ]Dunki2001 - 10-02-2017

Sounds interesting, had a look. At some you tube stuff, like the look of it and the weather looks great.

I have splinters at the mo but not for long!

Lol

RE: PCARS 2 - [SJ]Rivet - 11-25-2017

I was daft enough to get it yesterday (Black Friday). Glad I didn't pay full price.

Interface = marginally better than P- Cars 1. Not saying much granted, but it is better.

Graphics = ok.

The important bit - Physics (or does it near enough mimic the handling of a real car?). In a word....... No! Best description = Floaty McFloatface, and that's on a dry track. God only knows what they think is realistic for rain and snow, not that anything but a rally car would race in snow, lol.
Feels like they stuck a big steel ball bearing under the centre of the body shell. They also use the usual time wasting cop out of thinking that once a car starts to slide or spin, that it will automatically end up facing exactly 180 degrees from your intended direction of travel. Disappointing.

P- Cars 1's physics while not perfect seem more car like with at least some randomization on which direction your car will be facing after a spin.

Sound? Yeah that's the good bit. The sounds are great. Turn your speakers up and hear those engines whine and growl. You'll have a migraine in minutes. Well done Slightly Nuts Studio. Best engine sounds I've heard in a race sim.

Force feedback? Never really bothered much about FF as it doesn't generally do much other than to try to wrench the wheel out of your hand at every opportunity. Also makes quick steering reactions almost impossible. So not tested here other than to make the cars steerable.

Field of view? It all feels VERY claustrophobic - at any setting. But that's just my opinion. Your mileage may vary.

Is it fun? Probably, but I just can't drum up enough enthusiasm to play it for long enough to find out for sure.

Verdict: Just another run of the mill average racing game. It will undoubtedly be a huge success for Slightly Crazy Studios.

That said, I have no doubt at all that the rest of the planet's sim racing community will completely disagree with me and that's fine too.

At the time of writing, Steam says I've played it for two hours. This is not true. I consider I've played it for half an hour, tops. the rest of the time was spent fiddling with the interface trying to find my way through the menus and choose a car and track to try.
Get_me_coat

RE: PCARS 2 - [SJ]Dunki2001 - 11-25-2017

Which cars did you try riv?

RE: PCARS 2 - [SJ]Rivet - 11-26-2017

(11-25-2017, 10:28 PM)[SJ]Dunki2001 Wrote:  Which cars did you try riv?

Can't rightly remember (yeah, it was that uninspiring) except I tried that 2 geared roadster on an oval which was quite fun as long as you don't try it with so called AI on the track. I tried the Lotus 49 and a couple of full body shell jobs too. Not sure on the full body jobs. They weren't radicals or anything fancy like that as I have no idea how they should handle and judging by the ones I've tried so far neither would Slightly Nuts.

Forgot to mention the AI. Its terrible as expected. They're on rails and nothing affects them. Their tactics are simply to rear end anything that is in their way and carry on regardless. They make no attempt at safely overtaking or collision avoidance. P-Cars 1 did at least TRY to avoid collisions. Seems they made a retrograde step with this one.

It appears to me that this might have been designed by employees of Slightly Mad, but not the same ones who designed P Cars 1. Looks like this lot aren't old enough to have actually driven real cars yet.

Main thing is the steering. I have no idea what they've done there. My steering input seems sort of "removed" from what happens at the wheels. I.e. I expect them to TURN when I turn my steering wheel. What I don't expect is what I can only describe as LAG and the feeling that it is not me doing the actual steering. If that happened in my own car I'd be fecking terrified quite frankly.

Oh yeah I might as well mention I didn't fiddle with any of the setup settings. This was straight out of the box as it were. I just made sure there were no silly assists on.