Ground control to major Tom
It is a steep learning curve. I tried the docking training tonight, performed it almost flawlessly Ouch  Lol .
So i finally get the damn ship on the pad and the cross-hair thingy blue and beeping. what then? Fuck knows, nothing in mission text or help menu.. nothing!
Where the fuck is the ignition switch to turn the damn ship off so i can complete docking?!!!! Harumph
Harumph
Team Portly Racing
   Missing Presumed Fed
(01-19-2016, 01:13 AM)[SJ]DRokK Wrote:  It is a steep learning curve. I tried the docking training tonight, performed it almost flawlessly Ouch  Lol .
So i finally get the damn ship on the pad and the cross-hair thingy blue and beeping. what then? Fuck knows, nothing in mission text or help menu.. nothing!
Where the fuck is the ignition switch to turn the damn ship off so i can complete docking?!!!! Harumph

How about turning either 90 or 180 degrees?   But then again, if this is a cry for help, you'd probably asked differently.

Been meaning to get back into this, and holding the hands of newbies might be just the thing i need, whilst i fumble with my own controls and shoot into the backwall of the spacestation whilst looking for the key that is the landinggear...
Doh

Woof ~ Woof
Crikey, had a wee fly about, completed most of the tutorials.

Not sure what I'm doing though. Lol 

Will try to add you guys.
Team Portly Racing
   Missing Presumed Fed
Baby steps.

Bought goods, launched flew to another station, docked and sold.

Lost money, but that's not the point. Its a start,
Excited
Team Portly Racing
   Missing Presumed Fed
update:

Star date 195909472029850298298-28528029752-0751-2357-134975-1579

Survived being attacked last night, even got a couple of grand bounty when I lasered his ass.  Lol

Keep plying the guy next to me at work for info, starting to get the hang of it now, but I have to say the tutorials are very poor, giving no insight into the use of the most complicated areas such as maps and markets etc.

Going to have a go at running some missions and buying and selling now.

Got confused with the 2 different types of jump. Found myself doing a supercruise between stars, after about 15 mins got down to just over a year in real time, dropped out then did exactly the same thing, found myself in hyperspace, instant arrival.  Doh. Guess I had not set a target properly or some such.
Invited all you guys (I think) but had no response, you not been on? have I fucked up? or do you all hate me?  Harumph

What's your in game name Lee?

Hope to get on again this weekend. Alien
Team Portly Racing
   Missing Presumed Fed
Kevin The Gerbil.
Well I think it is, even finding your in game name is not easy. Maybe i should ask it more politely eh Frank?  Lol 
 [Image: 3u3zgw.jpg]
(01-18-2016, 11:33 PM)[SJ]The Champ Wrote:  Redefining HOTAS: Hold On To A Stroller

Lol
Thrust down to land if you facing the correct way and docks automaticallyand turns ship off. 

So you must be viewing you ships arse on the cross hair landing graphic if not you are facing wrong way.

Will be on Later with Ollie as he has account now too. Will be on open play prob. 

@ tricky I have accepted the request
Baby steps folks, only had time for a quick flight last night, but successfully bought and sold (with profit) paid a fine and collected a bounty.

Quite pleased.....I'm on my way. Smile
Team Portly Racing
   Missing Presumed Fed