Race 07 next league
Exclamation 
Well guys, Cato is snowed under with running forum, and organising leagues.

So, I have nervously put my hand up to give a little help. Hands_up

Never run a league before, or for that matter run a game server so all help greatly appreciated. Cato's going to take me through the ins and outs of setting up the server etc. but what I would like from you guys is some ideas as to what you would like to run. I see no point in running a league that no one wants to drive in.

So ideas please guys, Race series, tracks etc. and we'll see what seems popular.

I guess sticking with the cars and tracks that come with the Race series would be best, there is a hell of a lot of content. but I'm open to suggestions.

Early thoughts from me on things that have been popular in the past would be.

Minis.
Caterhams.
American muscle around American circuits. (who doesn't love laguna Seca with a V8, or anything else for that matter Smile )
Touring cars always seems popular.
Open wheelers.

Please guys, lets have as much input as possible.

I'll keep updating first post with suggestions, and we'll see if we can narrow it down.

Hopefully this thread will also give an idea as to how many are interested in keeping Race 07 going.

I know you love it Simon, your votes already in Lol .

I'm Also going to add a list of potential racers, guess we want to be looking at 10+ grids.

Racers:

Definite                                                                                    

[SJ]TrickyDee
[SJ]Simon James
[SJ]BMX Champ

Possible/Occasional

[SJ]Cato
[SJ]Carisma
[SJ]Jarko Rantajoki

[SJ]Mozza

Not looking good so far, I'll mention on Sunday, see if I can engender a little enthusiasm. Sad
Team Portly Racing
   Missing Presumed Fed
I an determined to try and help kick sj from this state of paralysis, but unfortunately i have to admit that race 07 is nearly impossible to enjoy personally. Never was much of a fan of it, and currently there are far more satisfying options around what to race. Negativity aside, i know race07 had done pretty well in simjunkies, and ive been a part of some fun leagues in the past. So i hope you get a good thing going, just most likely i wont be joining this one. That said, never say never!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do like the Caterhams, really fun little things, just maybe get the slower ones as they would probably provide far closer racing all things considered Smile . With the American muscle cars I'd say maybe one or two races would be plenty enough. The question is how many people would join for both of these Smile

I have to be honest though, I'm in the same state as Jarkko where as much as I'm enjoying the current season I'm driving by memory rather than feel. The force feedback is lacking and I honestly get a lot less kick of our Race 07 than many other sims. If we're to race, there needs to be a big enough grid, and the cars have to be easy enough to drive as for the quick guys not to have as big of an advantage as some. That's why I'd go for the slowest of Caterhams, or maybe the mini is an ok choice as well.
(02-23-2015, 01:18 PM)[SJ]Carisma Wrote:  I do like the Caterhams, really fun little things, just maybe get the slower ones as they would probably provide far closer racing all things considered Smile . With the American muscle cars I'd say maybe one or two races would be plenty enough. The question is how many people would join for both of these Smile

I have to be honest though, I'm in the same state as Jarkko where as much as I'm enjoying the current season I'm driving by memory rather than feel. The force feedback is lacking and I honestly get a lot less kick of our Race 07 than many other sims. If we're to race, there needs to be a big enough grid, and the cars have to be easy enough to drive as for the quick guys not to have as big of an advantage as some. That's why I'd go for the slowest of Caterhams, or maybe the mini is an ok choice as well.

This is the sort of comment we're after.

I'm trying to get an answer to some of your questions with this thread, what & who? Salute
Team Portly Racing
   Missing Presumed Fed
(02-23-2015, 01:10 PM)[SJ]Jarkko Rantajoki Wrote:  I an determined to try and help kick sj from this state of paralysis, but unfortunately i have to admit that race 07 is nearly impossible to enjoy personally. Never was much of a fan of it, and currently there are far more satisfying options around what to race. Negativity aside, i know race07 had done pretty well in simjunkies, and ive been a part of some fun leagues in the past. So i hope you get a good thing going, just most likely i wont be joining this one. That said, never say never!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is pretty much where I stand as well to be very honest.
Though I will try to participate where ever I can.
[Image: sig_tpr_zps4746a0e0.png]
Well done in stepping upto the plate Tricky Salute
Would love to support you by joining in, but im just not able to commit to running any more than two nights.
At the moment those are Fridays and Tuesdays.
Good luck with it and if i can help at all on the server front or anything else please ask.
You can count me in Tricky you know that as a definite !!!!

Race -wise this is all new to me so enjoying it all , Legends are a challenge thou, but any car on any track sounds great to me and yes we need plenty of competition on the grid...

Classic racing . open wheels , F! eras, grass track , tarmac , dirt any of these , stock cars towing caravans.....Sorry gone to far now LOL Lol  
"The difference in winning and losing is most often ....NOT QUITTING[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDeD5fmFxFEntlSOMtuIc...W29xVkyZkA]

(02-26-2015, 08:18 PM)[SJ]Bmxchamp Wrote:  You can count me in Tricky you know that as a definite !!!!

Race -wise this is all new to me so enjoying it all , Legends are a challenge thou, but any car on any track sounds great to me and yes we need plenty of competition on the grid...

Classic racing . open wheels , F! eras, grass track , tarmac , dirt any of these , stock cars towing caravans.....Sorry gone to far now LOL Lol  

Thanks Dave. Salute
Team Portly Racing
   Missing Presumed Fed
Would love to try and get a WTCC series going again in OSJ but I don't think the numbers are there. Have just been looking at the userlist with "last visit" tab clicked and there's not many OSJ names I know.

Am trying to get some time to run at some stage, but at this stage, it will probably be Winter before I can come run again with you blokes, so I'm not holding my breath!

Moz.
(02-28-2015, 08:33 AM)mozza Wrote:  Would love to try and get a WTCC series going again in OSJ but I don't think the numbers are there. Have just been looking at the userlist with "last visit" tab clicked and there's not many OSJ names I know.

Am trying to get some time to run at some stage, but at this stage, it will probably be Winter before I can come run again with you blokes, so I'm not holding my breath!

Moz.

I'll put you down as a pssible Moz.
Team Portly Racing
   Missing Presumed Fed