So. What car did you choose for the first drive on the new Nordschleife?
 I thought this would be interesting as we all have different tastes in cars and yet we all love the 'Ring and I thought it'd be interesting to see what we chose as I suspect this track coming out is special to more than just me. Smile

Me, it's the GTA. It was a close contest between it and the E30 M3 but the Alfa won out because of it's vintage. Now if they had a Lotus Cortina.......... Lol But they don't so, Alfa GTA. And light fog.

You?
GTA and rather disappointed with it too Sad far too heavy and unresponsive.
Since tried the Alfa 155 and the 89 Maclaren and YEY Excited
oh and the classic 60s Lotus F1 is made for this track, a thing of beauty!
1st and only car i tried was the Alfa 155. Gonna try the auld Lotus now Big_grin
Let Fear Be Far From All
 Mac An Aba . Child Of The Abbot
Of all things the Alfa 4C, I wanted to just take it slow, a nice car for what it is Lol .

I've actually tried all new cars except the Vette, and oh my, that C9 packs a punch. The P1 is surprisingly pleasant to drive, though I still dislike the whole lack of LSD, way too much understeer on throttle. I love the F1, it drives so well while the GTA seemed a bit, uhm, on the heavy side with really soft suspension, still fun to drive though. Finally the 190E is ok, haven't gotten much time in it but seemed kind of similar to the E30 which is as it should be Smile .
Just tried the 190. LOVE IT!! Rough on the hands as it really makes the old Assetto Corsa/G27 Cogging issue show. Down the long straight my hands vibrate from the wheel vibrating. heh. But still, LOVE this one!

I haven't really driven many of the default cars (Maybe 5? 7? And only that many cuz I'm doing the career mode. Up to the KTM so far.) as I tend to stick to one for a long time and actually forgot there were more cars than the GTA when I first fired it up. I had the thought "oh yeah, there's more cars, isn't there?"  Rotfl

Anyways. Loving it!!! Got the clipping tool set now so later some serious laps! But yeah, for me, first car being the GTA was just obvious. 

Still need to run the street E30 M3 too.

And looking at your choices gets me thinking to try those too!!  Excited
(03-11-2015, 10:14 PM)[SJ]Dentykaffalatta Wrote:  Just tried the 190. LOVE IT!! Rough on the hands as it really makes the old Assetto Corsa/G27 Cogging issue show. Down the long straight my hands vibrate from the wheel vibrating. heh. But still, LOVE this one!

I haven't really driven many of the default cars (Maybe 5? 7? And only that many cuz I'm doing the career mode. Up to the KTM so far.) as I tend to stick to one for a long time and actually forgot there were more cars than the GTA when I first fired it up. I had the thought "oh yeah, there's more cars, isn't there?"  Rotfl

Anyways. Loving it!!! Got the clipping tool set now so later some serious laps! But yeah, for me, first car being the GTA was just obvious. 

You may want to try the 235i as well, I just tried that, and my gosh I love that car for some reason, not too fast, has slicks, is really stable and like on rails. Fantastic car for Nordschleife I'd have to admit Smile

Let Fear Be Far From All
 Mac An Aba . Child Of The Abbot
(03-11-2015, 10:33 PM)[SJ]Carisma Wrote:  
(03-11-2015, 10:14 PM)[SJ]Dentykaffalatta Wrote:  Just tried the 190. LOVE IT!! Rough on the hands as it really makes the old Assetto Corsa/G27 Cogging issue show. Down the long straight my hands vibrate from the wheel vibrating. heh. But still, LOVE this one!

You may want to try the 235i as well, I just tried that, and my gosh I love that car for some reason, not too fast, has slicks, is really stable and like on rails. Fantastic car for Nordschleife I'd have to admit Smile

Is that a BMW? May just have to. But later now as once again I have to resume my Dad/Husband job.  Rotfl
The first car I tried was the E190 as that is a car born and raised on this track. 

What I find a bit surprising is this. I love the track, but I jumped back and forth between pcars and AC yesterday, using the same car on the same track. One thing is that the pCars track is damn close to the laserscanned AC track, and that is one helluva achievement in its self. But the car handling....... I prefer to race pCars.

Yes, you do need to tweak the FFB (and that is a bit of a bitch in pCars) But when you hit it right, and I now have some damn good settings for the TX wheel, the car feels more responsive and good. I know this car a little bit as a buddy of mine used to own an E190 Evo 2(No, not a DTM version) and I have tested that car around a track. Not really comparable I guess, and I have not driven it in a couple years as he got rid of it, but my memories of driving it fast was more present in pCars than in AC.

So I though I am not disappointed in AC, I am more thrilled with pCars. People might call it more arcadish than AC, but my one reference to real life racing states the opposite for me.

More so, we will face a good quality threesome when pCars finally gets released. rF2, pCars and AC. It will be a heaven of choices. Now, people can bitch about pCars being set back until may, yet again, but is rF2 and AC a finished product? Nope, and pCars has more features towards simracing than rF2 and AC has together.
A proper career mode for SP, and when MP is proper finished, it will have the same features as rF2. Not to even start talking about the "out of box" content.

Yes guys, we will have some fine racing ahead of us, if we can get some numbers on the grid....................
[Image: sig_tpr_zps4746a0e0.png]
I Started off with the McLaren F1 GTR...

..and WOW!!! .... i'm thoroughly impressed by the work of the modders in the past, they have done an awsome job to represent the Nordschleife in all of it's glory. Kudos to you modders, you know who you are. Salute Salute  Hats_off Hats_off

I am really impressed by the work that Kunos delivered, i had a blast last night trying that mc F1. The first thing i did was, do the Touristenfahrt.   Why?   Cuzz that's the cheapest way to get to know the track in real life... it makes sence to me to enter the track through the gate that has seen so many fellow motorists come through to "test the course and theyre skills".   It was motoring perfection. Except for the shadows that seem to be anoying my system.  i've turned the framerate up (had it limited to refreshrate) and turned some settings down, had a look in the Nvidia controlsettings and i'm now a happy puppy.   My dashboard reports to me that my first runs have been 114 km's.   Only written off one car (the mercedes... then again, my defence is, i only complemented the star on the bonnet with a big star in the windshield) and crashed a couple of others. I loved it with the little Lotus Elise and ...

behind the scenes we're working on a little something. Fingers_crossedGroucho

EDIT!
I just watched Mac's video, and boy, Mark!... that really was your FIRST ever lap around the touristfahrt! I noticed you found the fences at the beginning AND on the end... especially the end i was expecting them... and as i saw you floor down the straight i thought... uhoh.... Quite surprised it just ended with a big thump.. ;)

Woof ~ Woof