Assetto Corsa racing SJ & ALOOG
Here is the league site: http://simjunkies.org/assetto-corsa-racing-series/sj-aloog-gt3-series/

So I have been in contact with a bunch at ALOOG and as they are a AC forum and server place, the best part will be to get some sunday AC together with them.
Joint efforts can get us into the 20's on the grid, so I see no reason not to.

Anyways. We have been playing a bit on ideas, and as there is most diversity to the GT3 cars, we thought it would be a decent start.
I wanna have some thoughts from you on how you feel about this, will you join the racing if we do a joint league with them?

I am thinking that we man up with teams. 2 man teams in same type car. We might be fewer people than ALOOG maybe, but not if we go all in I think.
Joining in teams will make it not only SJ vs ALOOG but also an individual team battle. And there is nothing wrong by having SJ and ALOOG in the same team. Could be fun even.

As for race setup I am thinking in the lanes of 2 x 20 minute races. For 2nd race we either flip the top 8 or the top 8 do not qualify(random placement on grid) for race 2. Whatever the game supports best.

We could also do 40 minutes ex or including pitstops, but I am not sure how the game is on pitstops yet, so in my mind, I find it best to exclude that.

We should try to use tracks from KUNOS first and foremost, and ONLY high quality addons if possible. Just to get the most out of the game while we are on it.
DreamPack is included in this idea. Cause a finale race at Nords is in mind. 5 laps race or so. Just a thought.

Anyway, to add up.

SJ vs ALOOG GT3 short series
2 man racing teams.  (Free to choose any car but team must use same)
6 raceweekends + a final at Nordschleife.

Race setup:
2x20 minutes with change of top 8 for 2nd race
no pitsops no multipliers
Points calculated on a separate site-page I can setup in SJ but that reflects both leagues attendance.

Drop in more of your ideas if you wanna add something, or have ideas for add on tracks to use.
I suggest SJ choose 3 tracks, ALOOG choose 3 tracks and we end it at the Nordschleife.

I am posting this at ALOOG also.
Here http://aloog.net/thread/824/joint-efforts-aloog-short-series
[Image: sig_tpr_zps4746a0e0.png]
I like the idea, whatever can bring good racing and numbers in. As long as the day is reasonable I'd join in a heartbeat Smile
(03-18-2015, 09:58 PM)[SJ]Carisma Wrote:  I like the idea, whatever can bring good racing and numbers in. As long as the day is reasonable I'd join in a heartbeat Smile
Says Sunday dude Smile
Does sound interesing. If I can get reliable internet sorted, hopefully soon, then might try to team up with someone. Sunday would mean Monday for me, could be an issue owing to work.
[Image: baF5GEV.jpg]
(03-18-2015, 10:25 PM)[SJ]Cato Larsen Wrote:  
(03-18-2015, 09:58 PM)[SJ]Carisma Wrote:  I like the idea, whatever can bring good racing and numbers in. As long as the day is reasonable I'd join in a heartbeat Smile
Says Sunday dude Smile

Haha, fair enough, sorry, I wasn't in the state of mind to see details well at the time Get_me_coat . I'd join without hesitation if you were to set this up Smile
(03-18-2015, 05:47 PM)[SJ]Cato Larsen Wrote:  So I have been in contact with a bunch at ALOOG and as they are a AC forum and server place, the best part will be to get some sunday AC together with them.
Joint efforts can get us into the 20's on the grid, so I see no reason not to.

Anyways. We have been playing a bit on ideas, and as there is most diversity to the GT3 cars, we thought it would be a decent start.
I wanna have some thoughts from you on how you feel about this, will you join the racing if we do a joint league with them?

I am thinking that we man up with teams. 2 man teams in same type car. We might be fewer people than ALOOG maybe, but not if we go all in I think.
Joining in teams will make it not only SJ vs ALOOG but also an individual team battle. And there is nothing wrong by having SJ and ALOOG in the same team. Could be fun even.

As for race setup I am thinking in the lanes of 2 x 20 minute races. For 2nd race we either flip the top 8 or the top 8 do not qualify(random placement on grid) for race 2. Whatever the game supports best.

We could also do 40 minutes ex or including pitstops, but I am not sure how the game is on pitstops yet, so in my mind, I find it best to exclude that.

We should try to use tracks from KUNOS first and foremost, and ONLY high quality addons if possible. Just to get the most out of the game while we are on it.
DreamPack is included in this idea. Cause a finale race at Nords is in mind. 5 laps race or so. Just a thought.

Anyway, to add up.

SJ vs ALOOG GT3 short series
2 man racing teams.  (Free to choose any car but team must use same)
6 raceweekends + a final at Nordschleife.

Race setup:
2x20 minutes with change of top 8 for 2nd race
no pitsops no multipliers
Points calculated on a separate site-page I can setup in SJ but that reflects both leagues attendance.

Drop in more of your ideas if you wanna add something, or have ideas for add on tracks to use.
I suggest SJ choose 3 tracks, ALOOG choose 3 tracks and we end it at the Nordschleife.

I am posting this at ALOOG also.
Looks promising, would prefer a 1 race setup maybe for 60mins?
The 2 x 20mins can tempt "some" racers to try and win it in the first lap. If you catch my drift.
Guess I'd give it a go, though god help anyone who gets stuck with me in their team. Punt
Team Portly Racing
   Missing Presumed Fed
(03-19-2015, 07:17 AM)[SJ]TrickyDee Wrote:  Guess I'd give it a go, though god help anyone who gets stuck with me in their team. Punt

Hey, you are a TPR. I am in for that. Lets join with TPR. If you want Smile
Here is the thread at ALOOG
http://aloog.net/thread/824/joint-efforts-aloog-short-series
also added to p1